Researchers in Bergen have the opportunity to apply for millions in funding for research projects with a commercial potential from The Norwegian Research Council. Proof-of-Concept funding is a golden opportunity to obtain the funds needed to conduct testing, upscaling and continuation of your research project – regardless of the research field.
BTO will coordinate the application process, project management and business development. In the last years, 30 – 50 % for our applications has been successful. The six active projects we have in 2015 will receive approximately 34 million NOK from the Norwegian Research Council. Seize this opportunity and collaborate with us to get funding from FORNY2020.
- Get in touch with us as soon as possible and before March 9th 2015 to start the preliminary discussions
- We will continually evaluate the project proposition and work with the application preparations for the qualified projects
- The process of establishing a project and writing the application should start as soon as possible. mature projects will be prioritized
- Application deadline: April 15th 2015
- Ideas that reach the BTO team after March 9th will also be considered, but please note that the chance of us writing a good and full application within the short deadline is We would like to emphasise that there will be a new opportunity for applying for FORNY funding in the autumn. We do not yet know how much funds will be made available.
- 10 page application
- Budget frame: 2 – 6 million NOK
- Duration: 1 – 3 years
- 80 % funding and at least 20 % of own contribution from the institution or industry partner
- Only new projects are allowed to apply. Projects that applied FORNY funds in 2014 are not allowed to apply this time.
The announcement can be subject to change.
To start the project discussions, please contact the person responsible for your field. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hear from you!
Health, biomedicine and molecular biology: Katinka Tofte
Marine disciplines: Steffen Boga
Natural science, energy, technology, ICT, social science, etc. Dag Einar Finne
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org / 55 58 30 50
The FORNY2020-program enables innovation and commercialization of research from the public financed research institutes, and will fund selected projects that have a high expected social economic return. More information about FORNY2020 is available at www.forskningsradet.no
Every year, FORNY2020 is looking for projects to fund. Together with owners and partners, BTO has the opportunity to apply for funding of projects that can be expected to have a high degree of commercial or socially beneficial potential. Projects from every research field can apply for funding, and the final goals for these projects are either licence agreements or establishing a business.