BIOTEK2021 helps implement the government’s national strategy for biotechnology, and the program has a fund of 40 million NOK. The Research Council has decided to divide the applications for BIOTEK2021 in two parts, by separating the field of medical biotechnology from the fields of marine, agricultural and industrial biotechnology. Thus, in this years’ announcement the funding opportunity has been divided in two:
- A call including all the thematic areas of the program, but with the exception of medical biotechnology
- A joint call from BIOTEK2021, FORNY2020 and the Norwegian Cancer Society which will include biotechnology related projects involving innovative cancer treatments and diagnosis. This call is a pilot project.
- The announced calls can be found here. (no longer available)
Read more about the changes in BIOTEK2021 here (in Norwegian) (no longer available).
For more information about BIOTEK2021, click here (English and Norwegian) (no longer available).
The Norwegian Research Council’s FORNY2020-program allocates Proof-of-Concept funding to projects that can be expected to have a high degree of commercial or socially beneficial potential. Projects from all research fields can apply for funding. The announced call can be found here (no longer available).
For more information about FORNY2020, click here (English and Norwegian, no longer available).
In order to create successful applications, it is important to get an early start. We therefore propose the following procedure:
- Get in touch before May 29th 2015 to start the preliminary discussions
- We will continually evaluate the project proposition and work with the application preparations for the qualified projects
- The official announcement of BIOTEK2021 and FORNY2020 funding is expected in the middle of June.
- Application deadline: September 9th 2015